Monday, July 6, 2009

Perspective

There was a post on the etsy forums asking how many sales you had in June. Some complained about 18 being so low, some grateful for 2. It made me stop and think and note my own. Last June I had 5 on etsy. This year I had six. Bigger in price and larger in number. And fortunately, I did have a bunch offline. It made me stop and think about this business and being careful about your wishes. Would I like more? Yup! Could I handle more? Yup! Are my comparatively lower numbers a sign I should stop....nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms? Not yet. Basically, the question is...why am I (you) doing this? For me....
I love to create.
I love the process.
I love the planning.
I love the validation when a sale is made.
I love the raw material that morphs into something new.
I love the activity.
I love the stimulation.
I love the joy given to others.
Enough reasons to continue? I think so! I think it's beneficial to step back every now and then and evaluate. Is this enough or is there something or somewhere else your energies may be directed? And if you have any reasons like mine, you just keep on pluggin'!
And on that note here's a new item!

1 comment:

BellaColle' said...

Amen!!
I with ya!! Keep it up!!
We do it 'cause we love it!!
Thanks for giving me an affirmation today...
hope ur Summer is going fabulously!!
XO
~Christine