Monday, April 28, 2008

New Items

I knit alot but like to work on small, great things that can be accomplished quickly like the mini purses that have fortunately been very popular. I just came up with a new item and I'm calling them Soap Sacks. Those tiny slivers of almost used up soap that slip through your fingers? Hate throwing them away? Have some small, sample bars that are also too small? Place them inside the Soap Sack and you've got soap as well as an exfoliating scrubber. I made one for my husband and he loves it! They're made with 100% cotton and can be washed and dried without shrinkage. A great gift idea is to buy some wonderful soap from the amazing soap makers on etsy and pair it with a sack!
This cotton is wonderful and versatile. I've made some bibs with it as well as washcloths and dish towels. They wash beautifully. Currently, it's my thread of choice! Color requests are welcome.


Just sold some on etsy and listed 2 new colors:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!! What a unique and wonderful idea!! Perfect for mothers day...hmmm...

Tina said...

What a great idea! I've never knew what to do with those soap scraps.