Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dumb.....!

I am always on the look out for new bases to convert into clocks. I often use plates like this one:

And I have made many with discarded CDs like these:


I've used trays and baskets as well. Two weeks ago DH & I were wandering in a "junk" store. Now it wasn't junk as in garbage, but just a bit of everything from art to lamps to dog food and spaghetti strainers. You never know what you'll find. I found wood plaques with great,whimsical pictures on them and said "Clocks". I bought 2 and almost immediately wished I got more since the price was more than great! Went home, made the clocks, listed and yes, sold immediately. So I thought to go back and get some more. Mind you when I was there the 1st time, there were dozens. This store is easily the size of a football field so I walked and walked and walked until I finally found 3, just 3 left and not the adorable ones I bought which are here:




The lesson in this story: When you see it, stock up!!!

3 comments:

Debra said...

They turned out great. Good lesson.

Creations With Heart said...

Very creative! I love the look! Maybe they'll have more when you go back! You never know! =]

Kate said...

Oh, they're gorgeous! But what a way to learn that particular lesson. :/