Friday, November 23, 2007

Us Chickens and a Turkey!

Our Thanksgiving was the most peaceful in years. It was just the 3 of us and although the others were missed (they did call) it was so relaxing for me. I wasn't conflicted as to cooking and serving vs. playing and chasing. I am thrilled the other parents had a chance to see the boys as it's been way too long for them. The 3 of us ate too much, laughed alot and groaned with gusto as we stuffed ourselves. Jas went home with more than 2 meals and we have plenty for tomorrow. The best is the soup which simmered for hours today as I steadfastly refused to leave the house for the shopping frenzy. I don't get the thrill of the chaos but to each their own. Anyway, my shopping is just about finished as I stuck to my buy handmade/etsy plan this week. I am waiting for 3-4 packages and done! This is what came the other day from inedibleglass. I am pleased and hope my daughter-in-law will like it.

1 comment:

BellaColle said...

So glad your day was peaceful!
I'm so jealous!! I haven't even started shopping! aggh...
But, you couldn't pay me to go shopping today... I guess I'm a chicken too!LOL!