Monday, December 17, 2007

Kindness


Isn't it always easier to be kind rather than mean? Especially at this time of year?

There's a wonderful, kind elderly lady in my neighborhood who recently underwent knee replacement surgery. I wasn't told until she was already home from rehab. It was also mentioned that her cell phone case was tattered. So I immediately knit her a new one and delivered it. She was thrilled. By the way, her cell phone-the latest on the market, embarrassed me since mine is circa 2001!

I told her that I was sorry I didn't know of her surgery earlier so I could help and she dismissed my guilt with a wave of her hand. Now she has invited about 20 ladies,myself included, to a thank you luncheon. Too sweet. Too kind. What a dear she is. Sadly she'll be moving soon to be closer to her son and his family. I hope they appreciate her kindness. I do!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I salute your kindness. We have an elderly neighbor in rehab right now and are trying to create something special for her. Have a very special holiday.

tina*