Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

For many reasons, some obvious, I have decided to close my Etsy shops. The obvious reasons have to do with the turmoil and drama that seems to swirl over there and has been fairly public. But there's more...I'm supposed to be retired! I had a 33 year career as a teacher and now is 'supposed' to be my time of choice....I can choose what I want to do, when I want to do it. I love creating and have learned that in order to create AND sell, vast amounts of time must be put in promoting and marketing. Three online shops, actually 4, is just too much for me. It's not what I choose to do so much.

The sidebar Etsy link here has been removed.
I have new business cards with only my Zibbet address. 
I have removed the Etsy decal from my car which really was indispensable when trying to find my common car in a parking lot!
The stores are still open as I am allowing everything time to expire and
I am offering a 10% refund when you write "Blog" in notes to seller for anything that is still in AllAboutTheButtons or AllAboutTheFiber .

I leave with a bit of sadness as Etsy opened the doors for me to sell my work. I am grateful for that but we've both grown and changed and no longer need each other.
As evidence of growth, even though this pin was very pretty, look at how crappy the photo is...one of my first online sales in October 2006. Yes, I've grown and changed!

5 comments:

The Beaded Pillow said...

Good luck to you! Enjoy your "real" retirement. :)

Unknown said...

Best of luck to you!

Unknown said...

Best of luck!!! Hope you have some free time to relax and enjoy life now.

D+B said...

Hi!! I Love your blog!! I am your newest follower.. :) If you would check mine out and follow me to. That would be so wonderful! I am just starting out, but excited to start blogging some of my yummy recipes, crafts, and mineral make-up. I will also be giving away free makeup too!! So look out for it..
-Thanks,Brooke
for-the-love-of.blogspot.com

Pressure Cooking Recipes said...

Thanks great blog postt