Thursday, April 21, 2011

My "Pet Rock"

Several years ago I wanted to revive and improve my crocheting skills. Waaaaaaaaaaay back when, I even crocheted dresses and sweaters but under the close direction and scrutiny of a teacher. I re-started by making wash/dish cloths and used them myself, not for sale. I quickly realized these were pretty cool-wore well, washed well and did whatever scrubbing job I put them to so I made some for sale. Slowly, they sold, a set here, a set there.
Last fall when I started the craft show circuit, they were my top sellers. I love making many color combos as there are wonderful cotton yarns out there now. They are so portable, I take them with me whenever I think I will have to wait-at the doctor's, the mechanic, in the car (obviously when someone else is driving!).
Anyway, this week I had orders for a total of 11 soap sacks and 15 wash cloths! Phew! The one bad aspect? No buttons!
Clean up, everyone and have I got a rag for you!!!! Also, I have teamed up with TenthAvenueSoapworks....soap+cloths...great gift idea!

6 comments:

Amy@10th Ave. said...

Congrats on your big sale, you busy lady! :-)

Abracadebra Designs said...

Your cloths are very lovely. No wonder why you got such a big order. Also, good luck on your collaboration. What a good pairing of talents.
-Debbie

Sandra Tyler said...

Gosh, makes you wonder WHAT people buy. I mean, this is a super smart seller. I can see them being snapped up at a craft show. But people even pre-order dish cloths? Good for you!

PussDaddy said...

I admit I own a few soap sacks. I like them too. If I ever need another I promise to get it from you.

PD

Heather Leavers said...

Excellent idea to team up with a soap seller!

agela said...

zb the same time office 2010 activation key, to obtain an enhanced focus on professional power management tool. this includes a command line program ,buy windows 7windows 7 enhances these features. for example ,office professional 2007 key, windows 7 has a wake on lan feature. in this way,office 2007 key.