Friday, August 26, 2011

Catch Up on A cRaZy WeEk!

The week started with an unusual activity for me....I went to the movies! I love movies...at home with the remote in control. This was actually only the 3rd time in 9 years for me. I went with some neighbor pals to see "The Help" which we had all read and loved. Most often a movie is a poor second to a good book, even a so-so book. This was a great book and a terrific movie....faithful to the book, wonderful acting and great attention to the visual details of 1963. Don't miss it!

I was walking past our designated guest room and heard an unfamiliar noise. There are 2 mirrors hung in there that are loose and a slammed door will make them rattle. No one has slammed anything. I called my husband in to watch and listen to the mirrors and his reaction was "Oh, it's the guys outside mowing"...uh, since when does a lawn mower shake a mirror? A few minutes later we found out it was an earthquake 6 hours north of us! We didn't feel it but saw and heard it.

Hurricane Irene...My Mom's name was Irene so hearing her name all week has been unsettling. My Mom was no hurricane! Talented, creative and quiet,yes! Up until yesterday we kept getting calls and e-mails from friends and family who are geographically challenged! A cousin called from Florida to warn me that since it passed her it's heading to me in North Carolina...uh, no! We are in SOUTH Carolina and at closest, 4 hours from the shore, so yes, we're fine. Then I turned my calls to friends in NJ, NY and MA and some were clueless that Hurricane My Mom is heading their way. May this storm just go away and leave everyone alone.
Last night the boys came for dinner. They do not exactly eat the same foods. Now if I were feeding them every day, I'd change the rules but this is Grandma's house and rules are bent so they each got their favorites. I incorrectly assumed I'd have leftovers but not after repeated "Any more?" For the next dinner, I may have to re-mortgage!
And now we are about to face a weekend with NO plans!!!! Hooray!
I may just make another one of these....isn't it the cutest?!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I want to see The Help!! now more than ever!!
And I still want that "cactus"!!

Raige Creations said...

So the movie was as good as the book? That is unusual, and now I can't wait to see it. I haven't been to the movies in probably 10 years - we like the comfort of our living room and cheap popcorn as well. BUT I may make an exception for The Help. (Thank you again for letting me read your copy!!)

YAY for no plans for the weekend. Have some spontaneous fun!

Finding Charm said...

I want to see that movie myself. I don't go either much. I'll go and pay the money when it's a big screen worthy film. Otherwise, I wait til it's on cable or something.

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading The Help myself and am excited to see the movie. I'm so glad to hear it lives up to the book!

Sandra Tyler said...

The movies! I think I've been to only about 2 since having kids 7 years ago. Those were dates wiht my husband. Not sure what happened to those dates...like the pot!