Friday, August 5, 2011

Time

Savor the moment.....
Six years ago today my youngest grandson was born. I was taking care of the older one at the time and he kept questioning "Is my brother here yet? Is my brother here yet? Is my brother here yet?"...he was a bit past three. Today, naturally, they poke and push each other like animals but life without either is unimaginable. Six!!!
Harder to believe, the boys' father, my son, turns 37 tomorrow. And me not quite 40! HAHAHAHA!
Wasn't it yesterday when he asked for a "Manilow cookie"...Milano. And wanted to learn how to "lawn the mow". Was it yesterday when he fell out of a tree, landed on his head and broke his wrist? How excited it was when he became a US ranked tennis player? When he bought a building for his now successful business? When he became a father?
Yesterday? No, but locked in my memory bank forever.
Just came in from a birthday breakfast with them and the little guy hugging me and saying "You're the best"...and the biggest one saying to him "I told you"...
Happy Birthday Boys!!!

6 comments:

Garden Gate Botanicals said...

Isn't it bittersweet... oh how fast they grow up, and yet so wonderful, too! Lovely post, and a sweet and handsome grandson you have, love the curls! :)

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Our children do grow up so fast. Oh to have your grandsons curls again. He is a handsome boy!

Joan Burritt said...

What a beautiful tribute to motherhood and "grandmotherhood"! Have a wonderful day with that gorgeous family...

Handcrafted Pretty said...

A sweet and happy post, thanks for sharing and thank you for posting the button, too!

Sandra Tyler said...

oooh, we love BOYS in this house! The best!

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Oh, my! You brought tears to my eyes. These children and grandchildren of ours grow up WAY too quickly. LOVE the curls!!!!