Saturday, August 18, 2012

Time for a Decision....

Sometimes we make things that we and our friends and family think are the best, the latest, the greatest. And they're wrong!
I love clocks and have a small collection & many years ago decided to make and sell some. I thought they were pretty and clever, made from plates and boxes, books and discarded CDs.  Some 'strangers' have agreed and I've sold over 100 in the past few years. Custom requests were numerous and one even appeared in a published book. Reactions to them have always been so positive or has everyone lied to me?!
But they have come to a screaming standstill. They are on the expensive side to make with the cost of the clock works tripling over the years. I love the creative process when I make a clock and that satisfaction is over.
I'm done! It doesn't make sense to keep making something that takes up a fair amount of space, are awful hassles to take to shows and don't sell. I believe they make great little art pieces and are a wonderful house gift or any kind of present but the world does not agree.
Below are some of my current favorites and check All About The Buttons this week....drastic reductions. Think future gifts, Christmas, etc. If you agree with my family and friends, buy one for a great price! I'm kind of sad but the hand writing on the wall says STOP!!!






3 comments:

Grandmother Carolyn said...

In your shop - I never met a Clock I didn't like...........and I understand your dilemna. We love SO much certain items that we create, and the world stops loving them....it's like cutting off the creative oxygen!

Your clocks are just so timely.....
C

JoJo said...

Those are awesome clocks. I know quite a few people who would want the beach chair one, which is also my fave!

Barbra said...

Timely? Oh, Carolyn!!!! Thanks JoJo!