Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Challenge!

Today I discovered the shop, blog and world of Pam Warden. Her shop is babeta and it is absolutely delightful, uplifting, clever and creative. LOVE her work and ordered a piece for a gift. I naturally migrated to her blog where she is having a "I LIVE IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD BUT IT'S OK, THEY KNOW ME HERE" challenge. She's asking everyone to post pictures of their world: where they create their blogs and their art, where they relax and feel inspiration and so I'm taking the challenge!

The first picture is where I am sitting now...the least 'decorated' room in my house but functional. Little bears surround me and on the far right is a magnetic board loaded with pictures. A TV is behind me which makes no sense at all!


Next is part of the studio. Although it appears chaotic, I know where everything is. Yes, most of what you see contains buttons. I do everything up here except knitting and crocheting but all the yarn is stored up here. I say up as this is the only room on the 2nd level and I don't have to clean since we are the only ones ever up there! A perfect place.




A place to relax and be inspired is my garden. There are some pictures 2 posts ago but here are some of my containers. Notice I seem to have a shoe and chair collection going!






This is an outside looking in of my screened porch, hands down my favorite space. I do wish it was larger but hindsight is 20/20. We didn't know we'd love it and use it so much.
I do love my kitchen and other spaces but these lead the list.
And all of this would be meaningless if I didn't have such a wonderful husband, son, daughter-in-law and 2 perfect (of course!) grandsons! I am blessed♥

10 comments:

vickie said...

I love your screen porch! Your plants are beutiful,and you craft area is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Vickie

Jan Thomason said...

love your garden! loved the chair made into a pot:) i have done that before - the chair finally rotted!!
thanks for sharing - i thought this challenge was fun; i thoroughly enjoyed it! jan

DMG said...

A screen porch is one of the greatest inventions ever, and yours is beautiful. I love your garden and planter chair too. You gave me an idea: I have an antique grocery cart that I inherited from my father-in-law's grocery store, and I'm going to convert it into a planter. Thanks for sharing your space!

Hugs,
Alberta

3rdEyeMuse said...

OH! how I'd love to spend a day in that studio (with breaks in the garden, of course). Thanks for sharing. :)

cheers! ~M~

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Love your garden! I am in the challenge too! It was fun seeing "youre little world!!!"
Blessings!

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Hi
I'm looking around for an email for you so I can send the Collage for being in the Challenge. Can't find one.
Could you please send it to me. Thanks,
Pam

SewDelish said...

Congratulations! You have won some blog candy.

Come and see me for more details

SewDelish

Cindy said...

your studio is amazing...such organization! Would you please come over and do mine? LOL. Looks like a great place to work and hang out.

c

Marilyn said...

Barbra, your garden is so pretty! really like the chairs--very charming. And your studio is amazing! Thanks for an enjoyable visit...Marilyn:)

marsha said...

Thanks for sharing your little sanctuary! It's organised mess in your studio - which is what I like to call it! Organised messes are cool. ;)