Thursday, May 29, 2008

Male Days

Am I alone thinking men are difficult to buy gifts for? If your significant other/father/brother/uncle/friend does not have a hobby or a great passion, it can be hard to shop for males. They always say "I have everything I need".... In my family we have 4 male days within the upcoming 6 weeks so this time of year gets me crazy.

Anyway, Father's Day is around the corner and even though it is not a totally acceptable-politically correct past time, many men like a good cigar and a drink. So here's my contribution...a wood cigar box clock. Perfect if one of your men fits that bill.
If not, my husband wants it!


6 comments:

Sherry said...

This is really clever! Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Jaime said...

Barbra! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I have come to think of you as a blogging mentor of sorts since you've been 'with me' since the beginning! I appreciate you checking back often!

I love this cigar clock - maybe I'll get one for my hubby once he finishes his 'man cave' in the basement!

I also enjoyed reading about your space - I do so love to see where people create, relax, and are inspired. I have been chicken myself to actually take any pictures of my cluttered space and show them to the world... but maybe someday.

It's always a pleasure!

Anonymous said...

You are always so clever! That clock would look wonderful in a study or office!
Have a wonderful weekend freind! XO
~Christine

DJ said...

great idea, original!

Kylie Bowers said...

I also find it so hard to buy for my Hubby, I usally go with clothing or tools lol

Mom2fur said...

After 35 years together, I've just about run out of ideas to give my husband. (We're married just 27 of those years, btw.) One thing I did for one anniversary was to gather up a bunch of pictures of the two of us and make a little 8x8 inch album for him. Your cigar box clock idea is cool!
I'm doing a thing on my blog where I'm trying to link to a blog in all 50 states--you are my South Carolina!