Sunday, October 30, 2011

Why?

Why I love/hate October and why does everything happen at the same time?
This time of year is always so busy,not just for me, but for most people. It starts with the beginning of school, the seasonal weather changes and so many holidays and events my head spins. Of course, there are always the usual crafty business things in advance of the holidays. DH had a concert/convention that took us away for 3 days but it seemed like a week. I had a show 2 weeks ago and 2 more coming up. Yard work preparing for the winter must/should get done. Summer clothes need stashing and long sleeves must be found.
Years ago, my physician said "Hello, my October girl" as he walked in the examining room. Seems he noticed I was visiting every October for several years with various ailments usually involving head and chest congestion. Despite what many say, the change of weather always sickens me, but not as consistently since we moved south. I have hoped that "routine" had ended.
For the past 2 weeks, my adult son has been sick and I said "Ah, October", it's your turn. I have been watching the calendar as I will have the boys for 4 days. next week. With their complicated busy schedule, I'm concerned as next Saturday is my 2nd show with set-up on Friday. At the same time as the set-up is their school "Hootenanny" which they adore going to...an outdoor event of 4 hours! (No sign of rain in the forecast!) Then it's off to the airport late Friday to pick up their returning parents. Saturday show from 9-3 and DH has a show at 7. Sunday is loaded with 2 more events.
So with mixed emotions, I began preparing for next week 2 weeks ago...tagging, pricing, packing, cooking, cleaning, shopping. Why so far ahead you ask? And I answer "You never know what can halt the preparations so plan ahead."
What's happened to stop me in my tracks? OCTOBER...here it is the 30th and I'm in the throws of feeling like crap....fever, headache, chest congestion and yes, I did have the flu shot. Why couldn't I get through this month? Why does October hate me?
Med place opens at noon and I'll be there!

No comments: