Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Street Teams & ACEOs

Etsy has a concept that was unknown to me called Street Teams. Groups of like minded artists/crafters join up either for a cause and/or for promotional purposes and friendship. The concept is a positive one but yet another reason to stay fixed at the computer. I really can't give it too much time but I have joined 2 groups. One is the South Carolina Street Team which is obviously for those in this state. The other is HOST-Helping Others Street Team. Members donate items to be sold in the HOST shop and the money goes to deserving members who need a little financial boost.

The HOST group asked members to create an ACEO to be donated to the shop for sale. For those unknowing (and that was me!) ACEO stands for art cards, editions and originals. It is interchangeable with ATC-artist trading card. It is not an Etsy phenomenom but an explosive artistic genre. This site tells more.

Anyway, the concept always intrigued me as I love little things and this fits right in. An art card must be 2.5" by 3.5" and can be of any medium. Many are collages which I love so I took the plunge and made my first one. I happen to have wood rectangles of the exact size and that was the base. I will donate this one to HOST but I may have a new affliction/addiction!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I can't believe that this is your first one. It's so cute, and beautifully designed, and so polished looking. You've got a great talent for these.

Kara
CoryellDesign

Maura said...

Wow! Love your ACEO! It is so pretty! Definitely continue making these!

Mavalili

Nicole said...

Very nice. :-)

Anonymous said...

thats a nifty looking card

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

lovely ACEO!