Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Just.......

Just a second....
Just a minute....
Just wait....
I was just thinking of calling you....
I just didn't have time to.......

Just....

As an adverb, just means:
  • within a brief preceding time; but a moment before: The sun just came out.
  • exactly or precisely: This is just what I wanted. 
  • by a narrow margin; barely: The arrow just missed the mark.
  • only or merely: He was just a clerk until he became ambitious.
  • actually; really; positively: The weather is just glorious.
Just is a weird word. It just feels strange to say it and it has so many meanings.
I honestly just got  stuck today with the letter "J" for the challenge. It should have been easy with so many close people in my life with names beginning with "J" but I just didn't feel like writing about them. I just wrote about my mother and just didn't feel right dragging more family members into this. I just couldn't come up with a better idea. So my blogging about just is just (as in keeping with the truth).
I also have just read another blog with photos of Cape Cod so I just couldn't resist adding one of mine...just one!
 
 

7 comments:

Cindy Dwyer said...

Creative post!

I loved your words about your mom.

Abracadebra Designs said...

I just finished reading your post, and I really liked it alot, just as much as I like chocolate cherry cheesecake ;)
-Debbie

Anonymous said...

I just loved your post. In fact, it just made my heart swell a bit, since I'm really just a grammar nerd at heart. Very nicely done. :-)

Sunfire said...

Great post!
~Sunfire

Raige Creations said...

love it, never thought about the word just - it DOES have so many meanings! I sometimes use that word a lot in my writing, so have to use the thesaurus to express my self NOT using so many times. Sometimes it is just hard not to use the word just.

JoJo said...

What a great post!!!! Loving the pic of P-Town too!!! When was the last time you visited this region? :) Thanks so much for checking out my blog too.

a.eye said...

So many meanings and so many times people use it to diminish themselves without realizing they are doing so. I'm going to try and be more conscious of my use of the term.